APRIL, 2015 — 12 Reasons to Solo Travel
There are many travelers who claim that traveling alone is the best way to see the world. They describe their first solo trip as life altering. Here are 12 reasons why we believe that being a solo traveler is one of the best ways to see the world. Buy the ticket and enjoy the ride!
1. It’s Easy! – It’s easier than you think. We believe that traveling around the world should not be hard, but it should be something everyone should do at least once in their lives. You can choose to spend a year or a few months traveling this beautiful planet and seeing what is out there.
2. Feel the Freedom – It gives you the freedom to be yourself. Let’s face it, most of the time your life is not your own. When you’re on a solo trip, the possibilities are endless. You can get to know yourself again, and answer to no one.
3. Indulge, you deserve it! –
It gives you time to indulge. Booking a yoga adventure in Brazil allows you to experience the best of both worlds: getting real with yourself while having your holiday (activities, classes, accommodation) taken care of. And if you think yoga retreat holidays are only for the ladies, then you’re mistaken. It gives men the permission to take a much needed pause.
4. Create Awareness – It opens your eyes. If you are open to it, travel will absolutely make you a more well-rounded human being. Which is what we all want, isn’t it?
5. Meet Amazing People! – It creates meaningful relationships. People you meet while on your trip usually become some of the most valued ones in your phone, giving you new places to visit. These people give you a glimpse outside your circle of friends, giving you a new and refreshing perspectives on things.
6. Overcome Limitations – It will make you face your fears. Travel is full of challenges. Overcoming the challenges will give you some of the greatest joys of all. Something as small as getting your morning cup of coffee can be challenging in a foreign country. How about finding an address in downtown Hong Kong?
7. Communicate! – Learn new languages. There’s something satisfying about being able to throw around a few words of Portuguese, knowing how to say hello and thanks in Japanese, or simply hearing a language you didn’t know existed just a few weeks before.
8. Our Natural Sense of Adventure –
It reinvigorates your innate sense of adventure. After skydiving solo over an empty beach in Hawaii, successfully navigating the alleys of a favela in Brazil, the yacht ride you went on in Italy with the people you just met; you get a feel for what being human is like all over again. To take in new surroundings unfiltered by the filter of a traveling companion can be powerful. The need for adventure is hardwired; traveling alone lets you tap into it.
9. Be Engaged! – It facilitates cultural engagement. Traveling solo creates more meaningful opportunities to immerse yourself with the foreign culture, people and activities. Aren’t you more open to saying “yes” when a local asks you to dinner if you don’t already have someone to dine with.
10. Learn A lot of New Things – It’s education without the classroom. Seeing the world provides a source of education absolutely impossible to get in a classroom.
11. Travel is Delicious! – You will eat food unlike anything you’ve ever had. Yes, you will be constantly surprised at the flavors the world has to offer. Some of our favorite Brazilian foods can’t be found anywhere else in the world!
12. Gain Confidence To prove to yourself you can. If you’re the kind of person to go on adventures, you’re probably also the kind to reach for new challenges. Finishing a solo trip gives you the satisfaction that you were able to accomplish what you set out to do. And to give you confidence to set up the next challenge too. What are you waiting for?